Saturday, February 23, 2008

Who's In Control?

The other day, Ryan and I had gotten to my doctor's appointment a little bit early (if you know me, you know that I am a freak about not getting to the doctor's late!) I was feeling anxious and impatient. I was wanting to know exactly when Anna will be born and all of the circumstances that will surround it. Of course I don't know that, and neither does my doctor. As I was sitting in the car anxiously drumming my fingers on the dashboard, Ryan suggested I read a book as he was doing. I gave him some snide remark about being to anxious to read and all I had was my book from Sunday School anyway. I realized though that my sighs were starting to drive him batty, so I picked up my book. The first thing I read really convicted me. It was like the Lord was speaking right to me in that moment. I'll share some of it with you (from the book War of Words, by Paul Tripp).
"There is no situation we will ever encounter that is not ruled by Christ. Our lives are not out of control. Christ carefully administers them for our benefit and his glory. . . Christ right now, at this moment, is ruling all things for our particular benefit as his children. I may not always see his hand and I won't always recognize the good he is doing, but he is active and ruling all the same."

No comments: