Monday, February 18, 2008

It felt like Spring!

It was such a beautiful day today! We even ate ice cream outside (an "ice cream pic-a-nic on ice cream day" as Rylie said).
My appointment went well, other than the fact that it will take dynamite to open up my cervix! I have been having painful contractions every night this week (including right now), but they have not done a thing! On a positive note, when he checked my cervix, I felt him push Anna's head and she did too, she moved right away. That means that her head is lower, so that is a good sign. He did the Non Stress Test again (put me on the monitor), and Anna's heart rate was wonderful. She continues to not be in any distress, praise the Lord! He wants me to come back on Thursday and do the monitor again. The monitor monitors her heartbeat and also my uterus so it can tell if I'm having any contractions. Apparently, it also notices if your husband makes you laugh uncontrollably! Ryan kept making me laugh and the harder I tried to stop, the harder I laughed. It showed up on the monitor as a big spike. We had to explain to the doctor, that that wasn't a contraction!
He also did another ultrasound to check my fluid level. Last week, I was at a 25 which was on the line for being too high. Today, it had gone down some and is now at 23, so that is a praise! We didn't get to see much of Anna because the ultrasound was focusing on measuring the fluid. We did get to see her ribs and her practicing with her little lungs. My doctor said that if I haven't had a baby yet by next Monday, he wants me to come in for another ultrasound to check the fluid levels again. I'm now having two appointments a week. When we were leaving, the nurse asked me, "Can you please try to be dilated next week? I keep starting to get excited for you!"
Before our appointment we went out to lunch with our friends, Becky and Jenaya. They offered to watch Rylie during the appointment, since Jenaya only lived a few minutes away from the doctor. I was getting worried when the appointment lasted about an hour and a half longer than we had anticipated. I knew Rylie loves them, but she had never been to Jenaya's house, and it was nap time. I was thinking she might be missing us or needing us to help her feel secure in a new enviroment. After the appointment we called them and they met us at Cold Stone for ice cream. When Rylie saw us she said, "What are you guys doing here?" I told her that we came to get her and have ice cream together. She said, "I want to stay with Becky and Jenaya. I didn't miss you guys." So much for her needing us! Later on during our visit, she told me that I wasn't her Valentine, Becky was! Little stinker! I am actually very glad that she does have other people that she loves and that love her back!

No comments: