Monday, February 11, 2008

Yet Another Doctor's Appointment. . .

. . . and no change in my cervix! My doctor actually found it amusing! You would think that experience would have taught him that you don't laugh at a pregnant woman! Of course my husband thought he was amusing too when he suggested that I ask the doctor for an extra large gown so it would go all the way around me. If looks could kill . . .
We had the privlage of seeing our precious Anna on the ultrasound. She was sucking on the umbilical cord. The doctor thinks she's doing that because she's bored! Apparently, I have a large amount of amniotic fluid. The normal range is between 5 and 25 (millaleters?) and mine is measuring at 25, so he said it's "right on the line". Because of this, he wants me to come in on Thursday and have the baby monitored and then have another ultrasound next Monday to see if there is any change or any distress to her. He said that if there is too much fluid that can be an indication of Diabetes, or infection, or Down's Syndrome, or other "fetal abnormalities". He said that since I'm right on the line, he doesn't want me to worry, but he also wants to do the monitoring in case there is something wrong. Hopefully, I will know more on Thursday.
I woke up this morning with a lot of pelvic pain and could hardly walk. As the day has gone on, it has gotten a little better, but I am now officially waddling! I did have some contractions last night and a few tonight, but nothing regular. When I have the hard contractions, it leaves me with a killer headache though, so that's not too fun.
Something that is fun though, is going to my pregnancy buddy's Baby Shower tonight! Becky M. has been on bedrest for over three months, but her doctor let her come to her shower at the church. I think she enjoyed being out and seeing everyone, but she was also exhausted by the end. It was so good to see her though! Keep praying for her and for her little baby, Haley to grow and stay in for a few more weeks!
I went to Old Navy today and used my gift cards. I am sitting her now in the comfort of pink fleece pants! I love them! I also got the cutest little jeans for Anna and some matching shirts and pajamas for my girls! I can't wait to see them together!
I want to thank my husband for cleaning the house for me today while I was gone! It was quite the disaster after our "Rachel and Luke are in town" party! He worked very hard, and I am very grateful! This was after he spent the morning in the cold praying with some other folks outside of the local Planned Parenthood. He truly is an amazing guy!

4 comments:

Keren said...

Oh No!! Beckys shower...I totally forgot...ahhh!!!

Keren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
momaof4 said...

Oh, friend. I am sorry. Those boys have no idea do they?? :)

Love you, and we will miss you this weekend!!! Next year. is a must.

Anonymous said...

hI SWEETIE, I LOVE YOU AND AM PRAYING FOR YOU AND OUR BABY ANNA. SEE YOU TOMORROW.