Monday, February 25, 2008

Progress!

My doctor gave me some hope today! He said I am now dilated to a TWO!!! I know that's not a ton, but after weeks of painful contractions with no dilatation, a two is wonderful progress! He also had me on the monitor for a non stress test and her heart was doing great and not in any distress. He did another ultrasound and my fluid levels remain the same as last week, in the high normal range. We were able to get a glimpse of her adorable face and the top of her head. Ryan thought maybe he saw hair! (When I had my last ultrasound with Rylie they were able to see hair on the ultrasound and she was born with a ton of it!) I have another doctor's appointment on Thursday, when he is going to strip my membranes (moving the bag of waters off the cervix). Usually people go into labor within two days of having that done! He said we would also discuss induction at that time. Things are progressing and we might have a baby this weekend! My sister-in-law, Pam, is very excited because she's been predicting the whole time that Anna will be a leap year baby, and now there is a real chance that may happen.
After my exam today (in which he tried to push her head down some), I started having stronger contractions, so Ryan and I went and walked a mile to try to get her lower. I'm not sure if it worked but I'm still having some contractions. If nothing else, then we're getting good exercise!

1 comment:

Apryl said...

Glad to hear all is well. Can't wait to see her pics when she decides to join the world!!