Monday, February 18, 2008

Interesting

I recieved in my email this morning two links that I thought were interesting and that I would pass on to you all. The first one is this article from The New York Times. It discusses the current medical research into whether or not fetuses can feel pain. Of course there is arguments from both sides. The most compelling though is from a Harvard trained physician (who is not necisarily for prolife) who has done the most research and has come to the conclusion that babies in the womb do feel pain. This research has been translated by some into a proof that fetuses are human (due to the philosophical argument that one of the marks of humanity is the ability to feel pain), and therefore should not be aborted. Others, such as Sam Brownback, are trying to pass bills that would require doctors to inform mothers who were considering abortions that the baby feels the pain of the procedure (agonizing pain) and recomend anesthia.
I thought it was a very interesting article and worth reading, as another defense for pro-life. With all my heart and soul believe that a baby in a mother's womb is a human being from the moment of conception and that abortion is murder and absolutely reprehensible. I do, of course, also believe that God offers His grace, love, and forgiveness for any one involved in abortion.
The other link is actually for a film that discusses what is called "Demographic Winter". It poses the theory that because of low birth rates there is not going to be enough new people to make up for the aging population that will soon die off. They propose that this will lead to great problems with our economic and social structure. I thought this could be another interesting argument against abortion.
My wonderful husband and two of our friends are at this moment, down at the local Planned Parenthood praying for an end to abortion. Don't worry, they aren't freaky protesters (they don't have any bombs!), they are just peacefully praying on the sidewalk. For more information about this, and to read Ryan's experience last week, check out his blog.
I will post later today about my doctor's appointment, I'm going to have another ultrasound so the doctor can see if there is any difference in my amniotic fluid and to make sure Anna is not in any distress. I am trusting the Lord and looking forward to seeing her beautiful little face again!

No comments: