Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Knowing God

Becky and I have been reading, Knowing God, by J. I. Packer. It has been such a good study that has been showing me how I know about God, but am lacking in the knowing God in the relational sense. I read this quote the other day that talked about how God knows me. I thought I would share it with you.
"What matters supremely, therefore, is not, in the last analysis, the fact that I know God, but the larger fact which underlies it-the fact that he knows me. I am graven on the palms of his hands. I am never out of his mind. All my knowledge of him depends on his sustained initiative in knowing me. I know him because he first knew me, and continues to know me. He knows me as a friend, one who loves me; and there is no moment when his eye is off me, or his attention distracted from me, and no moment, therefore, when his care falters."

No comments: