Friday, February 22, 2008

One Late Night

Most of you have probably allready ready Ryan's post and know all about our late night last night. For those of you who didn't hear, here is the rundown. We had our first night of our Mission's Conference last night. As I sat there, I kept having more and more pain with my contractions. Usually, I like to be around people when I'm having pain because they distract me and I get strength from other people, but last night when I found Ryan I told him we needed to go because I was hurting so badly. As we were driving home Ryan said maybe we should start timing them. During the half hour car ride home, they were coming every 4-5 minutes, so we decided to grab our bags and go to my parent's house (we live 45 min. away from the hospital and my parents only live about 10 min. away from the hospital.) When we were at my parent's house, my contractions kept getting stronger and more painful and continued to be 5 minutes apart regularily. Everything we've read says to go to the hospital when that happens for over an hour. We wanted to be sure, so we waited for three hours before we went to the hospital. When they didn't show any signs of slowing down we decided to go. We weren't sure if we should go to the ER or to the Maternity Ward, so after some confusion the triage nurse took us up to OB. They hooked me up to the monitor and the contractions continued to get more intense. Then they measured me and I was dilated to a one. I was disapointed that it wasn't more, but also somewhat relieved that at least I was dilated! Then, for some reason, my contractions just slowed down and eventually stopped. So at 2:00 AM, we headed home. It took me awhile to fall asleep, needless to say, I'm very tired right now!

I had a doctor's appointment this morning. They just hooked Anna up the monitor, he didn't check me or anything. Rylie and my Mom came with me and Rylie was so excited to hear her sister's heartbeat!

Today I've just been having small contractions on and off. Tomorow, we're going to go walk around the mall to see if that does anything!

2 comments:

momaof4 said...

Oh...I know some hate when the doctor checks them, but in the end it is sort of exciting to see what or what is not happening. I am sorry he didn't check just to see if maybe you were at a 5 or something!!!

Love you. Praying the mall walking helps :)

Rachel said...

We sure are praying for you and Anna for these last few painful days. But it is a praise that Anna is able to grow so much in you before birth. Hope you get to see her soon!
Love you all, Rachel