Sunday, January 20, 2008

A Few Things. . .

Yesterday was a wonderful day! Three of my friends from College, Karen, Becky, and Dee, came up to visit us. I hadn't seen them in two years, so it was fun to catch up on each other's lives. Rylie absolutely loved the attention and the My Little Pony they gave her.

In the middle of the day I had to leave them for a little bit and go to our Women's Mentoring event. This is always a great time where people find out who their mentor's and mentees are.

After that I met everyone for dinner at Tokyo's Japanese Steak House. It's one of those restaurants where they cook the food in front of you. Rylie didn't appreciate the huge flames. I really enjoyed spending time with these girls that I have so many memories with. They are the type of friends that you can not see for awhile and you still feel close to them. Thanks for coming girls!

Early this morning, I woke up to Rylie throwing up. This is the first time that has ever happened to her. She was surprised when she found out she was throwing up and not just coughing. "I'm pukeying? I need some medicine!" I had to do five loads of laundry today because of it. She has been wanting me to snuggle her all day. Thankfully she is sleeping now and has been for the past several hours. My poor little girl!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy, it's mom. I don't know if you'll get this message before the oil man comes or not, and it's too late to call.............but I'm worried about you guys with no heat on tonight of all nights! I have to be in the office all day tomorrow, but why don't you come over and spend the day at our house....at least until you get oil, it's just too cold for you! You could take your showers in warmth. I love you.

momaof4 said...

Amy we had a blast. I can't believe 20 hours went so fast!!! It's crazy.
I hope you guys didn't get sick too. Becky I think caught her little bug. Must of been all those hours in their cave :)

Love you and hope your sill well!

Ryan and Stephanie said...

Aww! You saw Dee! Tell her I said hello! Yeah, I don't think I've seen her since your wedding! That would be, uh, 10 years?!!!