Friday, January 11, 2008

Gratitude

I am so thankful that my family extends beyond my biological family (who I love very much) into my church family. I am constantly blessed by them. As I write this, my friend Michelle has dropped Rylie off from spending the morning at her house, and is on her way to buy me some groceries! She already brought me lunch and prepared dinner for us for this evening. She is also going to help me with some dinners in the next couple of weeks. Thank you Dave and Michelle for what a huge blessing you are to our family in these and so many other ways!
I am thankful for the others in my church family that have helped by providing meals and play dates for Rylie and housecleaning! And of course I know that my own family is always here for me and has helped tremendously as well.
I am very grateful for the prayers for myself and my little Anna. I can't wait to introduce her to you all who have cared for her so much before she even knew you! What a visible illustration of Christ's love!
It has been hard for me to accept help because I don't want to be selfish and I don't want to be a burden on anyone, but I know some of this is also due to my pride and stubbornness. God is working on that with me! He is also working on my "poor me" attitude and my impatience. I have been pretty miserable this week with almost nonstop contractions and getting little sleep, but that is no excuse for me to wallow in it. Why is it when I need the Lord the most, instead I go to my corner and pout?! These last three days have been very hard so what do I do, I skip my devotions! I turn away from the source of my comfort, peace, strength, and joy.
I apologize to those of you to whom I've been complaining, whiny, and impatient with. I'm off to spend some much needed time with the Lord!

2 comments:

momaof4 said...

Oh friend. I will be praying for you extra hard this weekend. I pray it is a restful one, and you are able to lay low for a bit.

Angela Miller said...

Amy, thanks for being so transparent! I know that I can relate to you in so many ways. Your blog is always a great encouragement to me and reminds me to double check my attitude and make sure I am spending quality time with my God.