Monday, January 14, 2008

Repent

Today in my Bible reading I read Matt. 11:20 "Then he began to denounce the cities where most of his mighty works had been done, because they did not repent." Jesus was compassionate to all the people. He healed every kind of disease and ailment. He wasn't afraid to get his hands dirty. He healed them physically, but he cared more about their souls than their physical condition. He healed them so they would realize the truth about who he was and who they were. The healing of their souls through repentance was the most important to Jesus.
How often do I care more about the temporal, physical things of my life than "soul issues"? I need to be more concerned with the things that meant the most to Jesus, not with the things that mean the most to me and the world. I need to be more concerned with my daily repentance then with how I'm feeling physically. I need to be opening my stubborn heart to him, he desires that relationship with me. He offers forgiveness for everything I repent.

No comments: