Tuesday, January 8, 2008

My 2008 Book List

In my previous post I said that I will be joining a challenge to read ten books in 2008. Here is my list: (in no particular order)
1. Knowing God, JI Packer (I cheated a little on this one, I read one chapter in 2007)
2. Amish Grace, Kraybill, Nolt, Weaver-Zercher
3. Shepherding a Child's Heart, Ted Tripp
4. John Newton, Johathon Aitken
5. Mansfield Park, Jane Austen
6. The Inheritance, Louisa May Alcott
7. Gulliver's Travels, Johathon Swift
8. A Little Princess, Frances Hodgson Burnett
9. The Great Divorce, C.S. Lewis and Baby Wise (I put them together since they are both rereads)
10. God is the Gospel, John Piper
I'm also working on reading the Bible through in a year, with my church (in my new ESV Journalling Bible, thanks Honey!) I have started some books that I would like to finish this year also:
Calm My Anxious Heart, Linda Dillow
Pilgrims Progress, John Bunyan
The Valley of Vision, Various Puritans
Treasuring God in Our Traditions, Noell Piper
Lord I Give You This Day, Kay Arthur
If Audio books count, then I also plan on listening to these on my iPod: Pride and Prejudice, Young Goodman Brown, The Scarlet Letter, Agatha Christie, and the Biography of Thomas Jefferson.
This seems like quite a list especially with a newborn on the way, but I'm going to try my best. I have a feeling my husband will have a few good ones to recommend to me too!

2 comments:

Angela Miller said...

Aren't you ambitious? All those books with a newborn? You are an amazing woman. Good luck! I would like to read a few books this year also, but I don't know about 10 books with a newborn. I don't want to set myself up for failure. I know I would feel awful if I wasn't able to accomplish it.

Ryan and Stephanie said...

If you feel yourself starting to fail, read something short and sweet like The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe. I read 12 books last year and am aiming for that again. You can do it. It just takes about 15-20 minutes a week day.