Monday, January 28, 2008

Update

I had my doctor's appointment this afternoon. He checked me and said that basically nothing has changed. He said that he still thought I would deliver early though. I now go back every week to be checked, so Monday will be my next appointment.
I'm having mixed emotions about it all. On one hand, I am frustrated that my body did alot of work (with alot of pain) with hardly any result. It makes me wonder what it will take to deliver this baby. I'm also disappointed because I was finally feeling ready and wanting to hold her. On the other hand, the longer she stays in the better for her, so I'm pleased that she'll continue to grow bigger and stronger. I need to focus on this and that God is in control of it all. I guess I'm feeling bummed out, but happy for Anna at the same time. Her health really is our main priority and concern. It is a praise that she will be able to grow in her safe little cocoon longer!

4 comments:

Angela Miller said...

What a rollercoaster of emotions. I'm glad Anna will continue to grow for a while longer, but understand your disappointment. You are such a trooper. I'm not sure that I would have such a great attitude if I had been having contractions for so long.

red-headed Wilson's said...

Sorry Amy. When we start thinking we are going to be able to hold the one we have waited for and when we think there may be an end to the pain it is hard to be happy. BUT it is a really good thing for Anna to grow stronger. Thanks for keeping us all updated.

momaof4 said...

I LOVE the new look!!! SO cute!!!!!

I am soooo sorry you are not feeling well. I remember with the first two thinking I could do this forever...then Na came along. It was all I could do to hold on to the end. And now we are done :)

Hold on friend. We are praying for a healthy little Anna, and a healthy momma too.

Tarrah said...

I remember having those same emotions and more pain with my second also. The braxtons didn't hurt much with the 1st but with the second they are pretty intense and I hear with the 3rd their even worse. I know though, it really messes with your mind.

Hang in there, she'll be in you arms in no time and you'll get to see her precious little face.

I love the new header!