Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Reality of Anna

This afternoon, at my doctor's appointment, he said that after next Thursday (34 weeks) if I go into labor, he's letting me go! People that's one week away!!!! That doesn't mean I will have her then, for all I know she could be overdue, but all of the sudden there is that possibility that is opened up. Of course I know that I will be having a baby, but it's way off in the distant future. It will happen in March, which is also when Rylie turns three. Both those events are often talked about as happening a long time from now. I have been feeling like I will be pregnant forever. Anna is part of our lives right now, I just can't fathom her being outside of my womb. Am I crazy? Is this a second child thing? Am I going to be able to mother two children? Shouldn't I have taken a course in having multiple children or something? Is it just the panic that is setting in as I realize I still have to fix the bassinet, put up the crib, buy diapers . . .! Don't get me wrong, I am very excited to hold her in my arms and kiss her, I was just struck today by the reality of that happening soon!
My cervix is still closed, but is now soft (sorry Matt and Dad, but people want to know). He did the FFN test to see if there is protein which would show some uterine activity. I won't get the results for a few days. My blood pressure has been dropping so he said I need to lay down more. He also said my blood sugar has been low so I need to be eating more during the day, several small snacks throughout the day. I never thought I'd have someone tell me I'm not eating enough! (I really don't eat that much during the day though, nothing sounds good and I'm usually too tired to actually make something. Don't worry I do feed Rylie though, she is gaining weight.) Bottom line was that I need to eat more and lay down more.
Thank you to all of you who have been praying for my little Anna Banana (otherwise known as Anna Sophia!) and helping us with meals, housework, and Rylie watching! We truly have been blessed by all of you!

2 comments:

Angela Miller said...

Amy, I will continue to pray that Anna stays put for a few more weeks. I'm glad you have made it this far.

It is totally normal to have all the feelings you are having. Change is hard, especially with all the unknowns. Very soon Anna will be here and you will fall into a routine and you will not be able to imagine life without your two precious children. I know that is easy for me to say, but believe me, I was in your shoes just 3 weeks ago.

I am so excited for you! It will be fun to walk down this road of Mommyhood together! You are in my prayers, sweetie!

momaof4 said...

Praying for you love!
I will bring you some snacks :) Got to love that they said eat more. But totally know the feeling of nothing sounding good!! Pregnancy is my best diet...till that little one comes out then I am starving.
See you soon!!