Sunday, January 27, 2008

In Limbo

Well, Anna is still in here

and not in here!
I have been having super intense contractions all weekend, combined with lower back cramping, and some other labor symptoms that not everybody wants to read about! I have been having all of the signs and symptoms of labor other than regular, consistent contractions. Last night I had them five minutes apart for almost an hour, but then it went back to every thirty minutes, then ten, then two, then twenty . . . I can't go to the hospital until they are five minutes apart for over an hour. I thought for sure we were going to be going in last night, but then they subsided. I had over forty hours of contractions and now today, hardly any! I've been having little ones, but nothing worth timing. I know I've been having contractions for months now, but these ones have been different. This whole weekend, my body has felt "different".
I have a doctor's appointment scheduled for Wednesday, but I'm going to call them in the morning and see if I can get in tomorrow. I'm very curious if I'm dilated at all and if my Doctor will know any kind of timeline. I am 34 weeks, so hypothetically I could have 6 more weeks to go!
I'm feeling very confused about it all. Yesterday morning, I was panicking because my house was nowhere near ready for Anna to come, I didn't have any bags packed, and I was worried about her coming too early. My wonderful husband came to the rescue, as did our friends Aaron and Becky! (Thank you so much guys!) Ryan spent almost four hours deep cleaning the bathroom, Becky did all our dishes and sweeping, Aaron took out recycling and fixed Rylie's new car seat (thank you soooo much Dave and Michelle!) and generally let Rylie hang on him! Then they all moved furniture around in the girls' room and set up Anna's crib. I was able to pack our bags, but that was about it. Every time I got up I had big contractions and everyone yelled at me to sit back down! I was hurting so much, I knew if I had to go through that pain every day for six more weeks I would go crazy. I felt much more reassured that things are ready for Anna to come and I was finally feeling ready. But now, my body has calmed down and I'm feeling in limbo. On one hand, I'm ready to be done with it all and hold my precious baby. On the other hand, I want Anna to be able to stay inside as long as possible so she can be as big and as healthy as she needs to be. Hopefully, I'll know more tomorrow! Please pray that Anna is safe and healthy!

5 comments:

Angela Miller said...

Hang in there Amy! You are so close to holding your little Anna. I'm so glad that you got everything ready for her arrival. I bet you feel much better knowing it is all ready. I pray that Anna will stay put for a couple more weeks and grow bigger and stronger and that you will be able to enjoy the last few days with just Rylie (without a ton of contractions). I know how you are feeling...I was so ready to be done and just hold my baby. Just remember she will be here before you know it.

Stephanie said...

Eek! Thanks for the update! I hope the contractions subside for a few days to give Anna a little more time. And I REALLY hope you don't just have contractions all week. Praying for you!

Keren said...

wow...I leave for a few days and I miss so much!!...Im glad I didnt miss the birth..phew...keep us posted!! Cant wait to meet her :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Princess! I don't understand all this contraction stuff, but I do understand that you are in pain and very uncomfortable, and that breaks my heart. I am praying for you and Anna constantly, and Uncle Bob says Hi and he is praying as well. I am waiting for Rylie to wake up so we can look at the snow together. She snuggled with me for quite a while last night when I got home from church. I love you princess, Dad

red-headed Wilson's said...

I was anxious all weekend after you wrote on my blog. Kept checking your blog. :) I am glad you have such good friends and Ryan to take care of those worries. I will be thinking of you all the time so keep us updated!!!!!!!!
And do not forget God is control.