Sunday, November 4, 2007

Thankful

I realized this morning that Thanksgiving is not very far away. We won't have Puggles the night before Thanksgiving, so if we want to celebrate it with them, we have to do it a week early, which is in two weeks! (By the way, www.betterhomesandgardens.com has some great ideas for kids Thanksgiving crafts, games, and free printables.)
It made me think about some things I am thankful for. I am so incredibly thankful that my little Anna is doing ok in the womb and that I got to hear her strong heartbeat. I was really starting to freak out on Friday morning waiting for the doctor! I am very thankful for my precious Rylie girl (who can now spell her own name!), she is such a delight and a joy to me! I am very thankful for my Godly husband. He has been so helpful lately and has been giving me opportunities to rest and doing sweet things for me (and for Rylie). My favorite thing in the world is to watch the two of them playing together! They love each other so much, and the giggling (from both of them) is contagious! I'm also thankful for the rest of my family, my parents, my in-laws, Matt and Pam, my nieces and nephews, my sisters, etc. This wasn't supposed to be a thanksgiving post, so I won't go on and on. (Of course I am very thankful for my salvation!)
The whole point of this post was supposed to be to thank my friend Becky for being such a wonderful friend! I could fill this whole page with things she has done for me and for others and for things she has taught me, and ways she has caused me to grow. She knew I was bummed out that I had to miss out on some things yesterday and that I've already had to cancel on three events next week. So, she dropped by with a pumpkin spice latte, pumpkin pecan strudel, whip cream, and even a mini pumpkin for Rylie! She really didn't have time to do this, she was incredibly busy, it would have been much easier for her to just go home. It was very thoughtful of her, and yummy! She has offered to come clean my house for me while we are gone at Bible study! Like I said, this is just a fraction of the kindnesses that she has shown me and my family! We are very thankful for her! Most importantly, I know that she prays for me and my family. She loves my children, even though she doesn't have children of her own, she offered to watch Rylie and gave her such a fun night. She came to Anna's ultrasound, even though I'm sure it made her sad to not be having one of her own. She gives me Godly advice, without criticism. Enough gushing, you should all get one like her! We love you Becky!

No comments: