Monday, November 5, 2007

Needy Children

Last night at church we had a missionary come and speak to us about Nicaragua. He is with Chosen Children Ministries. Nicaragua is the second poorest country on the Western Hemisphere. 80% of the population is 18 or younger, the majority of them being 15 or younger. These children live in extreme poverty. It made me cry to see the pictures of these children. It also made me realize how many things I take for granted. I was cleaning up the table from last nights dinner and saw the Taco Bell wrappers, pop cups, Starbucks cup, candy wrappers, etc. Did I even thank God for providing this food for me? There is so much to be thankful for and so much to pray for. I never remember to pray for those less fortunate around the world. Even more than their need for food is their need for the Gospel. Lot's to pray for! We can also help by giving of our money. Stephanie (www.creaturebug.com) is donating $1 for every comment left on her blog towards sponsoring a child in Africa. Go over there, read her blog and comment for a good cause. And then, pray for the children around the world, then explore different ways to help!

No comments: