Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Another Dream Item for my Christmas List

Kindle: Amazon's New Wireless Reading Device

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FI73MA/ref=amb_link_5873612_3?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=gateway-center-column&pf_rd_r=1YJK8WQ8HQE4759GHTY7&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=329252801&pf_rd_i=507846

Have you seen this yet? We have a friend that works at Amazon and worked on this project specifically, so we've been anxiously awaiting it's arrival. Can you imagine carrying 400 books around with you all the time? Of course not, that would be ridiculous. But, now you can in something the width of a pencil! Think of it as an Ipod for books. And it has wireless access so you can automatically have your favorite blogs downloaded to it every time they are updated. You don't have to be in a wifi hot spot either. I am so coveting this, the only downside is the price, $399. This is a little steep for me, but apparently not for other people since it's already sold out! I can dream though!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I use a 5 year old Dell Axim x30 Pocket PC with old-skool WiFi, a 2GB storage card, and Avantgo (advantgo.com).

Avantgo will download the content from RSS feeds to a lot of different devices for free. The Pocket PC is probably harder to use than this device, but with 2gb of storage, I can probably load a lot of e-books.

Right now I don't have the space because I have 3 full length movies and a couple hundred mp3s.