Friday, March 9, 2007

Thursday Thoughts

I just wanted to share with y'all some things I learned in the last couple of days. Yesterday, I was confronted with some very wrong doctrine and was reminded that it is so necessary to be grounded in the Word of God. You cannot overemphasize the Word! It is very powerful. God is amazing and is working in people's lives, and He uses the Bible.
Tonight in our Flock Group I was convicted of my sin of slander. Slander is talking about others in a negative way. It can even be something that is true of someone, but it is not necessary to tell another person about it, especially if your motivation is to tear them down, or to make yourself look better. One of the ladies in our group shared that when she's thinking about talking about someone, she thinks of these three questions, "Is it true? Is it necessary? Is it kind ?". I am going to try to use this in my life. I am also working on memorizing Philippians 4:8 ("Whatever is true. . .") . It's all about put off's and put on's. When you put off a sin, you need to replace that sin/habit with something good. So, please pray for me in my journey to become slander free!
Here are a few truths I learned from my devotional book (Lord I Give You This Day, Kay Arthur): " Devoted time in God's Word is vital if you're going to have a pure heart". "God is sovereign and ultimately nothing can happen without His sanction or permission." "Almighty God, help me to respond with godly boldness and genuine meekness in even the most challenging circumstances rather than to live at the mercy of my emotions."
I am praying that we all will glorify God in our day!

2 comments:

momaof4 said...

WOW, good for you! That is a good thing for all of us to try and do and to pray about isn't it.
Love you dear friend

Jessica said...

Thanks for Showing me around! It was so fun! I just love the atmosphere and the wonderful attitudes! I can't wait to start!