Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Care Bear Love


I read my friend Stephanie's recent post (see Creaturebug [Finding Joy] link under "My Favorite Blogs" on the left side of the page) and it inspired me to take these pictures. It is such a joy to watch and listen to my little girl playing. It has been so fun to see her grow in her imaginative play. I hear and see parts of how she views me when she plays Mommy to her dolls and more recently, her Care Bears. Which, by the way, is her new favorite toy! Her and Daddy went shopping and brought home Best Friend Bear for Rylie and Tender Heart Bear for Mommy! She was so sweet and picked one out for me (which I have to carry around the house with me otherwise she brings it to me and says, "for you Mommy".)
There are times when it's hard to be a Mommy. It can be tiring and sometimes thankless. It really does bring my heart joy to hear my darling daughter laugh and twirl and hug and talk. It is pure innocence and there is nothing sweeter (well, almost nothing, when she talks to Jesus or when she tells me she loves me-those are pretty darn sweet too!). She has brought so much delight to my life and I am very thankful for her!




No comments: