Monday, March 5, 2007

Sweet Sunday, etc. . .







We had a great Sunday! Both Rylie and Abby made it to Sunday School, which they love. Teacher Edi and Teacher Jacki do such a great job with them! We also celebrated my little brother, Matt's birthday. The big 25! Luke had to match his Daddy with their Hickory shirts. Sunday evening, we had a Baptism at church with five people, three from our Flock Group. It was so neat to watch them take this step of obedience. Then, our friend, Rachel, came over and spent the night. She is getting married in April, so we talked lots about wedding planning! It's been almost nine years since I made my wedding plans. Nine, long years (just kidding Hon!), nine, wonderful years!
Let me just say that I love having a DVR. Right now I am watching ER from three weeks ago. It is also nice that Rylie can watch Dora and Little Bear whenever she wants, but then again, she can watch Dora and Little Bear whenever she wants! If I see the Little Bear episode with the mermaid one more time. . .
There was a fatality car accident in our area tonight. It turns out he was high on Oxycontin! That makes me so angry! I know that lots of people need that med, and I also know that lots of people sell it to others, but what really gets me mad, is when nurses (or other medical personnel) steal it and sell it. They go into that profession to help others, but to make money for whatever reason, they sell meds that in turn hurt so many lives. That goes against every fiber of the medical community!
A little more Luke news, when he goes in to the Cardiologist on the 19th he will also have an EKG. They want to make sure there is no other heart defect. Then they will do an Ultrasound of his heart. After all of that, they will schedule the surgery. I saw him tonight at a Baby Shower, and he was showing everyone his dimples! He got very excited when he saw his favorite Aunt Amy! I can't help it that he loves me!



No comments: