Sunday, June 1, 2008

The Body




I love our Flock Group! When Ryan brought to the group's attention, that a family in our church needed some help, everyone was eager to do their part. Noah is an Army Ranger and is an undisclosed location for an undisclosed amount of time. He has left behind his wonderful wife, Becky and their eight year old daughter and two month old daughter (born a week before Anna). With a newborn to look after, Becky has not been able to manage their yard. Our Flock Group was glad to help. Donna contacted several plant nurseries and was able to get over $300 worth of plants donated. This last Thursday night everyone gathered for some hard work, from the oldest to the youngest. (Well, technically, Anna and Haily are the youngest, and they didn't do any yard work, but they did look pretty cute!) I was so proud of my little Rylie, she worked so hard. She out weeded me! The best part of the whole evening was watching everyone laughing and fellowshiping together. That, and seeing Becky's face when she saw the finished landscaping!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh! I am so sad I missed it! I really wanted to go!

Angela Miller said...

What a great thing to do and I'm sure you had fun doing it together!