Monday, June 9, 2008

John 17 and other things. . .



I was going to write a post to tell you all of the things I learned from my devotional reading of John 17 this morning, but there is way too many things! This chapter is chock full of good things! It is Jesus' high priestly prayer. He talks about our salvation, eternal security, unity, His deity, our separation from the world, His love for us, His relationship with the Father and on and on. If you haven't already read it today (or yesterday, I was a day behind in my schedule), go read it! Read it thoughtfully and prayerfully!


Here is a Rylieism for you! Ryan asked her, "Are you beautiful?" Rylie said, "yes", and Ryan added, "and humble too". Rylie said, indignantly, "I'm not humble!"


We are listening to our new CD by the Carter family! We love it! The Carter's are a family in our church. They are very special to us! I have known them since I was a little girl. They have been mentors and friends for a very long time. They have made us laugh so many times and encouraged us in a myriad of ways. Their children (the older ones and the younger) have become dear to our hearts. These pictures are of the younger ones, Jonathan and Hannah (holding Anna) when they stopped by our house a few weeks ago. Rylie thinks they are the coolest big kids in the world! They graciously give her lots of attention, especially Hannah! They are a very musically talented family and have won several fiddle competitions. They have recently made a CD and gave us a copy yesterday. Our friend Chris designed the cover and it looks incredible. The music is so fun and uplifting! The whole family either sings or plays an instrument on it! Once they have a venue to sell it, I will include a link so you can get your own copy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amy, I love the new banner and the new look of your blog! I am humbled (tell Rylie)as well as so very grateful to God, that these two precious little girls are our granddaughters! What an amazing privilege to hear them say "grandpa". (yes Anna said it but in baby talk, Rylie said so yesterday). I love you princess..Dad