Tuesday, May 20, 2008

My Little Chef!




Lately Rylie has been helping me make dinners. She will pull her princess chair into the kitchen so she can stand at the counter with me. She especially enjoys putting shredded cheese on everything we make. One handful on our pizza, one handful in her mouth. She actually did almost all of this pizza by herself.
I am so thankful for these times we have together like this and for her helpful heart. There is a certain element of "look what I can do by myself", but there is also a genuine desire to be helpful. I am trying to cultivate that now and to teach her why we want to be helpful. She is learning that everything we do is to glorify God and enjoy Him. I want to pass this lesson on in practical ways.
Please let me know how you incorporate this lesson practically? What chores do your children have?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Amy, I was wondering if you had any advice for me. I am trying to get my little princess to clean her room but she just ends up sitting up there reading books for hours and hours! When scolded she has a tendency to throw herself on the floor! Rylie is such a good helper, last time she was here she told me to put my shoes away. You are such a wonderful mom! I love you, Dad

Angela Miller said...

Keegan loves to help cook too! I have to be very careful about letting him help. It is easier and quicker to just do it myself. I'm trying to be more patient!!! He also loves to help fold laundry. Well, his version of folding laundry is rolling it up into a ball. He also helps set the table. He even helps Chris take out the recycling.