Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Linky Love, Pretty Dress, and Other Things




First of all, thanks to Aunt TeeTee (Sarah) for Rylie's pretty dress. She loved it! She also liked her "ballerina" hairdo. Unfortunately, by the end of Sunday School her up do was more of a messy braid, but she was still cute.

We started having her do some chores. She really enjoys her "special jobs". She got upset the other day when I forgot and put my clothes down the laundry chute instead of having her do it. We are also working on a children's catechism with her. So far she has four questions/answers memorized. For some reason she feels she needs to yell the answers half of the time! My favorite is hearing her answer number two, "Why did God make you?" Answer: "To glorify and enjoy him". To hear this in her little voice is just precious!

The Banana had her two month well baby check up today. She is now 10lbs, 10 ozs. She has gained almost a pound just in the last two weeks. She is now in the 50th percentile for weight and 75th for height (23 inches). She had to get four shots, which are always hard to watch. Her little bottom lip was sticking out so far, it was so sad. The doctor confirmed that she did have acid reflux and was pleased to see that the Zantac is starting to work. She said that Anna will need to be on that for the next couple months at least. She also reiterated that Anna needs to be on hypoallergenic formula (which is ridiculously expensive) due to allergies, etc. The Doctor said that neither of these treatments will help with her excessive spit up. I've decided to just tell people that it is my new perfume. Other than these things, Anna is very healthy. The doctor said that she thinks she is going to have a "sweet personality". Anna was smiling and cooing at the Doctor during the whole exam.

Have I mentioned that Anna has said "Mama" 6 times now?! I know, I know, she's only two months old and I am an unrealistic mother, but, I have had four witnesses (at different times)! I'm not saying that she knows what she's saying, but she is at the very least imitating me. Hundreds of times a day I'm telling her, "Mama, Mama, Mama". She also gets a big smile and watches my mouth very closely. If I can capture it on video, I'll post it!

Rylie and I have been gearing up (translation: scouring the house for change) for garage sale season. She has her own change purse and wants to stop whenever we see a sign. Last weekend I got myself a lined black Gap coat for only a dollar. Rylie bought herself some new books, and stuffed animals (because we don't have enough of those!) for less than a dollar.

I'm going to start a new feature, "Linky Love". There have been several web sites I've found that I'd like to share with you all. I'm going to try to post links once a week. If you have any favorites you think I should include, email me or leave a comment. Be looking for the first edition on Friday.

And now, I need to get to bed. My new schedule of getting up at 6:30 every morning is making me very tired around this time of night.

4 comments:

Keren said...

Ahhh!! Garage Sales!!! I cant wait!! :) Do you know when the Lakeland Hills g.sale is??? I love this time of year!! :)

Sarah said...

The Lakeland sale is May 10th. We were hoping to be a part of it, but life had other plans! There will be a large one Memorial Day at the Miller's (Tim and Bev), so mark your calendars!

Sorry to hear about Anna's reflux, but I'm glad you have some answers. The formula IS ridiculous, but it made a huge difference for Henry. So did the Zantac. So glad she's such a happy little girl!

Much love, Sarah

Angela Miller said...

I can't wait to see what you feature on your "Linky Love!"

It sounds like Anna is doing great and growing like a weed :) Have I told you that you have two great little girls? We love spending time with your family!!!!!

Tell me more about the children's catechism. This sounds very interesting. I bet Keegan would love it and pick it up quickly.

momaof4 said...

Glad your all well. You and garage sales....never change :)

Love you and can't wait for that new section! And I agree with Angela tell us a bit more about the catechisms....