Thursday, May 22, 2008

Week 5 Weigh In

I'm down one pound this week. I have had a sick baby that has required almost all of my attention this week so I haven't exercised, so I was worried that I wouldn't have lost, or that I would have gained. So, one pound is exciting to me!
I have lost nine pounds in five weeks. My goal was ten pounds, but that's not too far off. That means that if I want to stay on my weight loss schedule, I will have to lose eleven pounds next month. That should be doable if I don't slack on my counting calories and if I start exercising regularly. I'm glad that I'm accountable to you all through this blog, otherwise I would've given up by now, after all, who would know? Thank you for reading this and for making comments. They are so encouraging!
Does anyone know what are some low calorie, high protein foods? I feel like I need to eat lots of protein to stay full. Whenever I don't eat protein, I feel sort of light headed, but I don't want to eat extra calories either.

Side note: Tomorrow is our ten year anniversary! I have a special surprise planned for Ryan that I'm excited about. He has a surprise for me too, and it's driving me crazy that I don't know what it is! I keep peppering him with questions and his answers just make me more confused! He has been doing some mysterious things this week! Hopefully I'll have lots to tell you tomorrow!

5 comments:

Angela Miller said...

Happy Anniversary! I know Ryan will LOVE his surprise from you!!! Now, I am curious about what Ryan has planned for you. Congratulations on 10 years together! May the next 10 be even better.

Amy,it is hard to find protein rich foods that are low in calories. Try tuna fish (maybe mixed in a salad), nuts, beans, whole wheat breads, green veggies, boiled eggs, turkey burger.... Good luck! You are doing great :)

Anonymous said...

I know ALL the suprises on both sides!!!!! Especially your suprise Amy....that just kills you doesn't!!!!!! Oh, it feels so good to have all the secrets!!!!!
Seriously, I love you both and I'm so proud of your commitment to your marriage and to the Lord.
Love, mom

Rachel said...

Wow, 10 years already? I think I was in 7th grade at your wedding! Or maybe 5th, but it was a long time ago. So, does this mean you guys are experts now? Well, good job and congradualtions. Thanks for all the help you both have been for us.

Love, Rachel

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Amy,
I hope you two have a wonderful day together. Isn't it amazing how much more you love Ryan today than you did 10 years ago! Didn't think it was possible then, but it's true. I can't wait to find out your surprise either!
Congratulations on your 9 pound loss, that is wonderful!! 5 weeks straight of continuous loss is so great. You have already lost over 10% of your weight loss goal, that is fabulous!! And it's great that you are already looking ahead at areas you can improve on. You are going to do this!! You keep on track, enjoy your loss so far, you don't have to wait until you hit goal to enjoy this! It's good to have mini goals, sometimes the overall loss still needed can be discouraging and overwhelming. So keep your eyes on your weekly goal. Good Job Amy!! Love, Sara

Ryan and Stephanie said...

Don't forget to DRINK WATER! Brita pitchers are the best and so are Nalgene bottles. I used to hate water, but now I love it. Also, it's very cheap, saves money at resturants, and has zero calories. :)
Happy 10 years! I'm proud to say I was there. :) We are at 4 years today. Ryans are great men to marry, wouldn't you say?