Thursday, May 15, 2008

Week 4 Weigh In

I have to confess that I had several "bad" days this week. Did you see the picture of the chocolate fountain?! However, I somehow still managed to lose 2 pounds! A couple of weeks ago, I had watched my calories really closely and I didn't lose anything. My wonderful husband helped me to figure out what I was doing wrong. I was barely eating anything during the day, and then at night I would eat the bulk of my calories, usually in the form of fast food, or some other kind of junk. I have been trying to reverse that and eat a bigger breakfast, smaller lunch, and smaller dinner. My only problem with this is that I don't like most breakfast food and I want to snack in the evening. I'm going to eat whatever food I like in the morning even if it isn't designated in the "breakfast" category, and if I really have to snack in the evening, I will snack on fruit or veggies. I decided that I'm going to stick with nonfat coffee, but not the sugar free. I just can't handle the chemically taste (and if it tastes like chemicals, it can't be all that healthy can it?). It's only 30-40 calories more to get something that actually tastes good. If you get an iced coffee it has even less calories in it because they use less milk. I don't feel bad for splurging on coffee a couple of times a week because it's the only milk I drink (I hate milk!) and the caffeine is the fuel of life! (Yes I know how bad it is for you, but as far as vices go, it's not so bad. . .)
I have not found time to exercise this last week except for one walk with Michelle and the kids at the mall (thanks Michelle!) For reasons I will not go into here, I have not been able to do my workout DVD, so I really need to find other forms of exercise and make it a priority. I will get back to the DVD soon. I need to start thinking of exercise as a normal part of daily life and incorporate it into our routine.
Total Weight Loss: 8 pounds
Pounds Remaining: 67 pounds

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy, I am amazed by your courage and honesty in a struggle that the majority of us deal with, but don't tell anyone about! You are awesome! And keep up the good work! And who was it anyway, that said breakfast had to be a certain kind of food? My sister doesn't like breakfast food either, and always has dinner's leftovers for breakfast. Hang in there!
Love, Judi

momaof4 said...

The only breakfast foods I like are probebly all the callories for the day!! I am so with you on this. And I love the idea above, but I hate leftovers!!! Breakfast drinks...I could do that.

Way to go!!! 8 pounds. I love that your still letting yourself have some yummies. You have to, to a point, or you just go crazy. :)

Love ya

Angela Miller said...

Way to go Amy! Let's get together. We can go to the park and walk with the kids :) Continue to splurge with your coffee! If you don't you will splurge in other ways that aren't as "healthy." Have you checked out the Skinny Cow ice creams? They are really yummy and low fat. I have some coupons if you are interested.