Thursday, May 1, 2008

Week 2 Weigh In

Zero, Nada, Zilch, Nothing! That's the amount of pounds I've lost this week! A little disappointing, but at least I haven't gained any!
I realized that I was going over my calorie count by about 200 every day due to fruits and vegetables. I hadn't been counting the amount of calories they contain. I just figured, they weren't that much, but Pam showed me the error of my ways. Combine this with the fact that Monday I was probably 500 over, made for no weight loss this week.
I walked three times and did cardio (with a DVD) once this week. Rylie kept telling me how I wasn't doing the cardio right because I didn't look like the people on the DVD. I tried to explain coordination and my lack of it to her!
I tried an Americano with sugar free syrup, it is not for me! If you like drip coffee then you'll like an Americano, but otherwise, I don't know if it's worth the zero calories. I did learn that there is low calorie bread (I believe by Sarah Lee?) low fat mayo has half the amount of calories in it, and rice cakes aren't all that bad. I also tried a chicken, bacon wrap from the South Beach Diet brand. It's refrigerated, all you have to do is put it together. It was pretty good and only had 240 calories. My friend, Ricci told me to try frozen grapes when I'm having a sweet tooth.
I keep trying to remember that it's all about getting healthier, not about how I look. My value is not found in my appearance.
Several of you have told me that you are working on this area of weight loss also, keep up the good work and let me know how you're doing!

5 comments:

Ryan said...

Honey, even though the scale didn't show any change, I'm still very proud of you! You have been working very hard and your commitment is obvious. Now if you could just do something about your fat, lazy husband... :)!

Sarah said...

Don't be too hard on yourself. It takes longer to lose it when you do it the "right" way, the slooow way! I for one am proud of you!
Hey, have you heard about the Wii Fit? (I saw it in a WalMart ad.) Its an actual fitness system (a "balance board" and different exercise programs) you buy to use with your Wii. Then Rylie will have to compare you to animated women instead!
Hang in there...

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you sweetie! Just eat healthy....Love, mom

Anonymous said...

You'll just have to get a Wii Fit - it comes out in May.

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy,
good job increasing your activity! You are going to feel great this week! I would recommend staying away from rice cakes, they are empty calories, even if they are low in calories, they will make you more hungry. You don't need to think Atkins, but... empty carbs don't do you any good. Maybe nuts, or whole wheat crackers, even though the calories may be higher, they will make you feel fuller for longer, and are healthier over all. Have a wonderful, healthy week. You are encouraging me to increase my activity too! Thank you!! Love, Sara