Thursday, April 26, 2007

Thursday Thoughts

My Grandma could still use some prayer. She hasn't started radiation yet, she's waiting for her doctor to set it up. When they did the MRI the last time, they saw something on her thyroid. They weren't sure if it was just scar tissue or more cancer, so Monday, they are going to do a biopsy of her thyroid. Please pray that it's not cancer and most of all for her and my Grandpa's salvation!
We talked in Flock Group tonight about how the focal point of the entire Bible is Christ. He is the theme, it is not about a bunch of rules that we need to follow to be righteous. This is something I know and I would tell you if you asked me what the theme of the Bible is. But, as Ryan was explaining this tonight I was convicted that I have been viewing the Bible as a rule book for quite some time. I have been reading it to find out what I have been doing wrong and what I should be doing instead. I'm missing the whole point when I view the Bible like that. In my heart of hearts, I think I'm scared in a way to read the Bible in light of it being a way to know Christ better. This is something I'll have to figure out and work on. I've really been struck lately that it needs to be about a relationship, not rules. I know I've mentioned this before, but it's something I've known, but haven't put into practice and the Holy Spirit has really been working on me in this area. I think it's easier to follow a set of rules, then to have a relationship that is unknown. It almost feels mystical in a way and requires a lot of faith. I guess that's what it comes down to, I need to have faith that I can have a relationship with the Creator of the Universe and that He can have one with me. It doesn't take as much faith to follow rules. Anyway, I'm on this exciting adventure to deepen my faith and my relationship with the Lord. I feel very vulnerable. Anybody have any wisdom for me?

No comments: