Sunday, April 15, 2007

Miscellaneous Musings

My Dad has been preaching through 1 John and focusing on the vital signs of Christianity, how to tell if you're a true Christian or not. Today he focused on the comprehension of truth. He said that the definition of truth is: "That which is consistent with the mind, will, character, being, and glory of God; the self expression of God. God is the author of all truth." It was a good reminder in this postmodern world, where truth is relative, that there is absolute truth and God is the author of that truth. There are a lot of false teachers out there and he gave a good reminder of how to spot them. He said to not believe what men have said about the Word of God over what the Word of God says about men. If they deny the preexistence and the incarnation of Christ, they are not of God. Good reminders! Thanks Dad!
I love how much Rylie is talking now! It's so fun to have conversations with her. The other day, I asked her what her favorite t.v. show is. She told me "Dora and Little Bear" and then said, "and you, Mommy? Your favorite show?" It was cute that she was conversing back and asking me a question. Last night we were snuggling in her rocking chair and talking about when she was a baby and I was feeling all sentimental and I was singing to her and she looked up and grabbed my face and pulled it to her and gave me a kiss. It was priceless! There are some moments that I will never forget and that was one of them!
Who do you want to win the Apprentice? I can't decide. I'm almost rooting for Frankie. I didn't like him at first, but the more I watch him, I think he would do a good job. He definitely has passion and enthusiasm.
I had more things I wanted to talk about tonight, but my brain is too tired to remember! I wish I could capture all of the things Rylie does and says to share them with you!
p.s. Luke came to church today! He looked great! He has a followup appointment on Tuesday, after that he should be able to eat solid food! Praise the Lord!

No comments: