Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Boating Fun

Yesterday I had a day off! My parents asked if they could keep Rylie overnight on Sunday night and take her out on their new boat on Monday. We were a little reluctant about it, because we miss our girl when she's not there and my family has a history of disasterous debacles whenever there is a family outing. There was the time my brother fell and a stick impaled his calf and he had to have it surgically removed. Then there was the time he broke his arm, or the time my Dad capsized the boat and swallowed a bunch of gasoline from the motor. Or the time the freak windstorm raged through our camp site and a whole tree fell on our car. I could go on and on. When my family goes on vacation, the word spreads quickly and people start praying. So you can see why we weren't quick to let Rylie go on the boat with my family! She had a great day, she loved the boat and cried when it was time to get off. My Dad however, didn't have such a good day. On the maiden voyage of the boat he discovered that the person he bought the boat from had wired the steering wheel backwards so he couldn't steer the boat! Their trip was short, but for Abby and Rylie's first time on a boat, it was magical! They loved it!
Today, while we were shopping Rylie told me, "I'm going to go see Jesus". How do I respond to that? Good and a little wierd! I'm glad she wants to see Him, but I'm not ready for that!
She also said she saw Tinkerbell! "Look Mommy! See Tinkerbell flying in the 'ky!"

3 comments:

Ryan and Stephanie said...

I saw that you put that book on your blog. I'll have to order it next month. I've exhausted my book budget this month. But I did buy The Valley of Vision. Thanks for the recommendations!

momaof4 said...

Maybe she inhailed gas fumes? Or she is a visionary and can see the next family vacation?? :)

To cute!! She is so verbal I love your stories.

Anonymous said...

Doesn't that just melt your heart?

I asked Keegan what he wanted to be when he grows up and he replied, "Jesus!" I'm glad he wants to be just like Jesus :)