Monday, April 23, 2007

My Rylie Girl!


This picture was taken yesterday, before church. I thought she looked adorable in her fancy dress. I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but the dress actually has a coat over it that is fancy like the dress. It came with a hat that she really wanted to wear, but it was too small to cover all that hair. It also came with bloomers that she proudly pulled on and said "big girl panties, just like Abby's". I didn't have the heart to remind her that she was still wearing her pull up under them. She quite enjoyed twirling around like a ballerina and watching her dress flow out. We have a Korean church that meets in our church after our morning services. The pastor and his wife of that church gave this outfit to Rylie for her first birthday, I've been waiting till it fit her. I remember thinking at the time that it would be forever until she could wear it. Now she's big enough! She is repeating everything, whole sentences! I love listening to her talk. She and I stopped at a garage sale yesterday afternoon and found her two new books. She was sitting in her car seat looking at them afterwards and saying, "New books, new books, new Dr. Seuss". I was so surprised, I hadn't told her at all that they were Dr. Seuss! She recognized the style and the picture of the Cat in the Hat (it was "The Cat in the Hat Comes Back"). I guess when Daddy reads her books he always tells her the author and the title. She loves reading and is starting to be interested in longer books now. I went through her bookshelves and pulled out the baby board books to make room for longer books. (I'm planning on doing a lot of garage sailing this summer and that's my favorite place to buy books!) It made me a little sad as I pulled out some of the books that she used to love as a baby. I just had to keep "Good morning Little Bert". That was her absolute favorite! She would have us read it to her over and over again! I love watching her little mind and heart develop! She is such a joy and blessing to us!

No comments: