Friday, April 6, 2007

Thursday Thoughts - Kind of

The bulk of Thursday Thoughts is postponed until my thoughts are comprehensive. However, I do want to mention a couple of things:
First, Happy (belated) Birthday to Dan and Clayton! It was such an amazing gift three years ago to Dan to have Clayton born on his Birthday (way to go Sara!). When I called Clayton to wish him "Happy Birthday" he said, "Aunt Amy, it's my Birthday NOW!", with all the excitement of a three year old!
My Grandpa now has a lump of some sort in his breast tissue! He had to have a masectomy a few years ago (yes they do do them on men too) and he's now having some pain. He has to have an MRI. Please pray for him and his salvation. We should be hearing any time if my Grandma still needs radiation, and when.
Please keep praying that Luke will get over this little cold so surgery can proceed next Wednesday!
For some odd reason, Rylie had a complete meltdown in the bathtub Wednesday and was terrified that there were sharks in her tub! I have no idea where she got that notion! She was sobbing! Then I put her on the potty and she said, "Sharks in potty?" When I assured her there weren't any, she said, "Sharks in sink? Sharks in my towel?" She finally said she needed to be a towel baby, so I told her that she had to take a bath before she could be a towel baby, and that worked. The whole rest of the day, whenever she would talk to someone, she would say "no sharks?"!
The picture from the Wordless Wednesday post is from Key Center, WA, near Gig Harbor. Our friends have a vacation house there that they let us use for free. We've been going there (as a family, and as a couple) for over ten years!
Rylie has now learned that Jesus is God! I don't think she understands all the ramifications of that, but at least she's getting used to the fact. During our Women's Biblestudy she's in the nursery with "Auntie" Susan. Susan has decided to teach these little ones during that time instead of just watching them! I'm so thankful for that! Yesterday Rylie learned about Samuel. She told me "he obeyed God". It's so exciting to watch her learn! She really wants to help around the house too. Last night we were playing with stickers together and I said that I need to get up and clean the house and she said, "Mommy, I'll clean the house!" It was sweet. She brought me a sippy cup the other day and I told it was dirty and asked her to put it in the sink. A little while later, I found it in the bathroom sink! She told me the other day, "Mommy get your broom, my toes are dirty"! She says so many adorable things during the day, I wish I could remember them all to tell you!
I'll work on my usual Thursday post later! Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Rylie is too cute!