Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Luke News, King Felix, etc.

Luke's surgery has been rescheduled for next Wednesday instead of this Thursday. There was another baby that had a more emergent need for surgery and the PICU was also full, so Luke got bumped. But, it's a blessing in disguise because Luke is starting to get the sniffles and this gives him time to get better before the surgery. Keep praying for him and Matt and Pam.
Grandma's recovering great! Thanks for all your prayers!
We love King Felix! He is the starting pitcher for the Marineers (for those of you who don't follow baseball), and he is only 20 years old! He is amazing! Yesterday, opening day, he had 12 strikeouts no runs alowed! This has not happened since 1967! He is also one of the youngest starters for an opening day! Of course the M's won yesterday and as I'm writing this they are in the bottom of the 9th and are up 4 on the A's! (And by the way, Eric and Dad, this is better than that other team on the East coast that exists solely for the media. "America's Team" my big toe! Rylie had it exactly right today when she said, "Boo Yankees!"!!!) Sorry for that rant (really only a minor rant, I could go on. . .)! Kudos to Dave Niehaus, he has over 4,000 broadcasts for the Mariners under his belt! I know it's spring and the sun is starting to shine when I hear his voice!
I want to recomend a web site: www.parents.com. It has great craft/activity ideas for kids. You can even search for ideas that are specific for a certain age group, holiday, or season. They have free printables, and a free email newsletter also. It's worth checking out. Tomorow Rylie and I are going to try out a craft idea that I read about using uncooked rice that I dyed with food coloring. If it turns out, I'll post pictures of it. I'm wanting to do some homeschooling with her now, anyone have any good ideas of craft projects, lesson plans, etc.? I know she's only two, but she really wants to learn and she's grasping left/right, shapes, colors, numbers, etc.
(Mariners just won! They're starting off the season on a great note, 2 and 0! Go Mariners!)
My brother is in the hiring process for a professional firefighter postition, a Lieutenant actually. He has made it past the first round and now has to give an oral presentation next week. If he makes that then he will have an interview with the Chief. Please pray that he gets this position!

1 comment:

momaof4 said...

Have I told you I love you lately? Well I do.
I am praying for your little nephew. What a cutie. We have had heart problems with babies in our family...not fun at all. And your Grandma too. My Mom is a survivor. Hugs to you all.