Thursday, July 10, 2008

Update

I thought I should write an update for those of you that I haven't talked to this week. I ended up not having the D and C Tuesday because I thought I had passed everything naturally. My Doctor decided I didn't need it. However, I was still experiencing a lot of bleeding so I called my doctor today to ask what I should expect. He had me come in for another ultrasound and discovered that I hadn't passed the baby or the placenta yet. I was so surprised, I thought it was almost over! He was concerned that I might hemorrhage over the weekend and end up in the ER because of the amount of blood I've already lost, so he scheduled me for a D and C tomorrow at 2:00. I have to go into the hospital at Noon. This throws a monkey wrench into VBS because Ryan is doing the puppet show and was going to have to get a pie in his face during the picnic tomorrow. He's not too disappointed about the pie though!
I'm a little nervous because I've never gone under with general anesthesia before. The only time I've ever been in the hospital was to deliver my girls. It makes me sad that I won't be going home with a baby this time.
"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Is. 41:10

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww man, Amy, I haven't called lately because I didn't want to bug you. I'm sorry to hear the update isn't more positive. I'll try to call you this morning, but if I don't get a hold of you, know that I love you & am praying for you!!

Erin said...

When I had my first miscarriage I too had to have a D&C. It was a little scary, because I had never been under the anesthesia either. The nurses were very kind though and did their best to make me feel somewhat comfortable. I was strange when I woke up because I literally thought that I just closed my eyes for a moment, when actually the entire procedure was over already. I was still crampy and weak for a few days, and the after affects of the anesthesia made me a bit woosy for a few hours, but with pamprin extra strength and family support I feel that I did okay. Please let me know if there is anything we can do to help, even if you just need to talk.

Ryan said...

The surgery went well. Amy is home now and doing good. Thank you for all of your prayers.

Wendy said...

Amy lou I love you and am praying for you!! Thanks for the beautiful blog you posted! You are truely my longest known best friend and I know I can always count on you for a hug or just a smile or a lng winded phone call while cleaning our room! I love all you!!!
Wendy

Rachel said...

I love you Amy!

Rachel