Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Grandma and Grandpa's House



This past week, my Mom, Rylie, Anna and I went to a neighboring state to visit my Grandparents. My Grandma had an Angiogram (Heart Catherization) while we were there. They found that she has a blockage in her heart. She needs to have surgery to remove some of the Ovarian cancer, but can't have this until she has a stint put in her heart. Unfortunately, because of the chemo and other complex things, she isn't able to have the stint they want put in. Her doctors are convening this week to figure out what the best option will be. She was disappointed at this news, but overall in pretty good spirits and good energy. Usually when we go visit, we make a Fred Meyer run, go garage sailing, have lunch at Taco Bell, and eat Abby's Pizza. We kept to tradition, with the exception of my Aunt and Uncle bringing Abby's Pizza to the house instead of us going out. We also changed things up a bit and went to visit my other Aunt and Uncle at their house. It was nice to see all of them. We were also able to see my cousin, Cory and his girlfriend for a little bit. I had fun playing cards (Hand and Foot) with my Grandma, Aunt Jill and Uncle Rick. Uncle Rick and I won, by the way! It was so good to spend time with my Grandparents and to watch them interact with my girls! I'm trying to take every opportunity I have with them and am still praying for their salvation.

*Congratulations Steve and Keren! Keren's Mom just called me to tell me that baby Norah was born about an hour ago! She was over eight pounds and has blond hair! Keren was able to have her VBAC like she really wanted and her labor was much better than it was with Jacob! Praise the Lord and welcome to our VBC family, Norah!


1 comment:

momaof4 said...

Your grandma is so cute and looking amazing for all her health issues. Keep us updated as to what the doctors say too.

Have a wonderful vacation!!!! And next time your in a neighboring state, call and we can meet for coffee, even for just a 1/2 hour, you are worth any drive girl. Love you.