Wednesday, July 2, 2008

My Oldest Friend



My friend Wendy, and I have been friends since we were little girls. I have many fond memories of swimming, (her grandparents managed apartments and one of them had a pool on the roof, to an eight year old, that is the coolest thing ever!) playing My Little Ponies, dress up, making crafts (out of miscellaneous things we found at church, boy did we get in trouble!) We logged hours and hours on our phones, many slumber parties, Sunday lunches, gossiped about boys, had an occasional fight. I was privileged to be a bridesmaid in her wedding, we have been through ups and downs and heartbreaks. Today, we cried together at her Dad's funeral. Please pray for her and her family as they are grieving!
Please pray for us also as we go back to the doctor tomorrow to discuss our "options", as the baby is still in me. I'm not looking forward to that appointment, but I am trusting in the Lord to give me strength.

3 comments:

Angela Miller said...

Oh Amy! My heart just breaks for you. I can't even begin to imagine what you are going through. You are in my prayers!!!! Remember God is in control. I am here if you want to talk or just need someone to cry with. I love you!!!

red-headed Wilson's said...

I remember when my sister went to the doctor to do this it was so hard but it really helped her with the grieving. I know it is scary and sad but I do believe there is some healing in not having the body in you anymore. Remember the baby is already with our Heavenly Father and singing praises to our King!

Did you see I posted on your poem yesterday? I don't have your email address anymore. :( My thoughts have been with you. Us girls here in Oregon sure do love you and are praying for you!

momaof4 said...

We sure are praying!

My heart goes out to Wendy. I so know what it feels like to lose someone so close. I will be praying for you both as this week will get harder, but our father will hold you both up in His arms.

What an embrace.