Saturday, July 12, 2008

I'm Home

Just a note to say that I'm home as of last night. The surgery went well, if you call that kind of surgery "well". There were no complications. When we got home we had a beautiful hydrangea from Allan and Sara waiting for us on our front porch! It was wonderful to come home to something so pretty and then to see the sweet card, even signed by their boys, was such a lift to my spirits! Thank you!
Su called and said she was in the neighborhood bringing Pastor David and Collen dinner and wanted to know if we wanted some as well. Ribs and homemade terriyaki, lemon marainge pie and cheesecake twice in one week! We have some great cooks in our church!
Michelle graciously stopped by to check on me and brought me some tulips!
Mom and Dad kept Anna overnight and took her to a parade today. I hear she really liked the Harleys, so we might be in trouble!
Rylie had her first sleepover with her cousin Abby and loved it! Today she got to go to a friends Birthday party and swim in the big kids pool.
I'm so thankful for all of the help, support, and prayers that we have received!
I have some things that have been a big comfort and encouragement to me from the Scriptures that I wanted to share with all of you, but right now, I'm pretty drugged up, so I'll have to write that when I'm a little more coherent.
The girls and I are going to stay the night at my parents tonight. Partially so Mom can help me with the girls in the morning and partially because our Saturn broke down and Ryan has to be at church much earlier than we want to be in the morning.
Thank you again to everyone!

3 comments:

Keren said...

I've been thinking about you the last few days and am glad the surgery went "well"... Rylie was such a joy to watch today at Madelaines party...she was so happy all afternoon, definatley a water girl, couldnt get her out of the pool if we tried!! She should come home with a great tan :) Take care and get your rest...
still in our prayers,
Keren

momaof4 said...

You were on my mind Friday. We went to the beach, just the college gals, and it seemed a piece was missing. I was missing you. God muct have put you on my heart.

Love you and praying great healing over your today and this week. HUGS< HUGS< HUGS friend.

Sarah said...

I'm so glad you liked the hydrangea. I was going for something cheerful, yet hardy enough to sit on the porch all day awaiting your arrival!
My heart hurts for you and you both continue to be in our prayers. Hang in there.

Love you,
Sarah