Saturday, July 5, 2008

Baby Providence


When I went to the doctor on Thursday I asked for an ultrasound picture so I could have something to remember my baby by. I thought I would share it here. I know it's hard to make out, but to me it's beautiful!
He said there was no change, still no heartbeat. We were not surprised so we talked again about different options. After much thought, prayer, and research, we decided to do a D & C. This is scheduled for Tuesday. It's surgery with general anesthesia, which I've never had before, so I was a little nervous about that.
But then, on Friday, my plans changed a little because I started cramping and bleeding. I don't know what to expect from my body. If everything hasn't come out by Tuesday, we'll go ahead with the D & C.
I have to admit that I freaked out a little bit when things started. I had my mind set on having surgery and not having to see the whole process. I wasn't mentally or emotionally prepared for it to start coming now.
I have reading Psalm 139:16, "For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was non of them." This is so comforting to me to know that God created my baby and loves my baby. My baby is now with Him in glory! Amazing!

3 comments:

Keren said...

Amy what a beautiful post. You couldnt have said it any better...I pray that things will progress naturally for you and you can avoid surgery on Tuesday. I hope you are still able to enjoy your birthday tomorrow (and Monday!) ...you're still in our thoughts and prayers.
Love,
Keren

Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica said...

I agree Providence is beautiful!! I hope things progress quickly and there are no complications, or pain. And of course no surgey. We are praying for you and Ryan! I love you Amy!!