Saturday, August 11, 2007

Pregnancy Emotions

I haven't been doing a very good job posting lately. I feel like I have pregnancy brain! I am sooooo tired and my brain feels foggy. This pregnancy feels different than when I was pregnant with Rylie. I feel guilty that I'm already not paying as much attention to it. When I was pregnant with Rylie, I prayed for her all the time. Even before I could really feel her, I was talking to her. I was preparing things for her.
This time, I don't have that much preparing to do. I don't need to buy things other than diapers and other practical things, and right now that seems silly to spend the money on. I keep forgetting to pray for this precious little one. I haven't been talking to him/her yet much either.
Rylie talks to him/her some though. This morning she said she wanted to talk to the baby about "things like Grandpa and nails". I think she's referring to when she was helping Grandpa make the playhouse. She has a tender heart towards the baby and towards me. She asks me everyday if I'm feeling ok and says she will take care of me. She is such a sweetie.
I'm having so many mixed emotions too about Rylie and the baby. It makes me so happy when she talks to the baby or about the baby. But, then I feel sad because I feel like I'm betraying her when I think about loving the baby as much as her. Then I feel guilty for the baby's sake.
uggghh! Have any of you ever felt like this on your second child? I'm sure some of it is hormones too. Last night Ryan and I watched Bridge to Teribithia and I bawled! I was shaking the couch! I think I frightened Ryan!
In other news, Rylie has now learned to pray by herself. It is adorable and it makes my heart so happy to hear her talking to Jesus!
She continues to say that she wants to be a "Mommy Doctor" when she grows up!
She's starting to say embarrassing two year old things, like: "What's in your nose? Buggers? My Dad wears underwear. Do you go on the potty? My Mom goes potty on the potty". All of these things (and more) were said last night at a Pampered Chef party!
I found her a Cinderella doll and a Pablo doll (from the Backyardigans) at a garage sale for 25cents each! I also found her a new winter coat for only $1! I love garage sailing!
Well, off to feed this little baby growing inside me! (It's 1.5 inches now and is growing bones this week!)

1 comment:

Tarrah said...

I do know what you are feeling. I remember feeling that way too for a little while. Just try to relax and not think about every little thing, that is just going to get your hormonal mind going crazy.

Abby doesnt see a difference, she is getting all the mommy she used to have, you are just the one who feels different. And I also wouldn't worry about not talking to that little baby, You are probably talking to it more than you did with Abby because it is hearing you talk to Abby all day.

You are going to do wonderful! It is amazing how you can love 2 children in the same way & in the same amount! Your time will be divided just like it is now but as long as you make some one on one time with Abby & that little one, that is all that will matter.

I will be praying for you & I hope your feeling well