Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I miss my girl!

I miss my little girl very much! She and her cousin, Abby, went camping with my parents yesterday. I (and my bro and sis in law, and nephew) am going to join them tomorrow, but for the time being, I feel as if something is missing. It is- part of my heart! I think it has been harder because where they are camping, my Dad doesn't get cell service, so I have no idea how she is doing. I'm sure she is having a ball, but I don't know for sure... what if she's crying because she's missing me, or is waking up scared because she's in a strange place? What if my parents forgot to put her sunscreen on or her mosquito repellent and she's miserable? Or what if she's having the time of her life and isn't even missing me at all? The latter is probably the most likely. Her cousin is her best friend (except for those times when she tells me I am her best friend!), and she adores Grandma and Grandpa, and they adore her right back. They are very capable, and I'm sure they are taking great care of her. But, my house is too quiet and my arms are empty. Half of my heart is sleeping in the woods by a beautiful lake tonight. Tomorrow, come quickly!
(Side note: I broke my three day no throwing up streak tonight! Fun!)

3 comments:

Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Actually she was having a great time with Abby, Grandma and Grandpa! After a hearty breakfast of flapjacks, cooked by Grandpa (her and Abby's order) we went to the beach and built sandcastles and swung on the rope swing! We miss her so much already!