Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Heartbeat

I had a doctor's appointment today and we were able to hear our baby's heartbeat for the first time! It was loud and strong and fast! It sounded very healthy! What a praise and a relief! Rylie thought it was pretty neat too. My doctor said we could schedule my ultrasound (to find out the gender) in six weeks. It's getting closer! I think it will seem more real once we can call it by name and know how to plan. I have been having several heart palpitations every day, so my doctor wants to send me to a cardiologist to have and EKG. He's not concerned about it, but he just wants to be safe.
I was doing my devotions tonight and read Psalm 68. I was reminded of how powerful , Almighty, and awesome God is and yet He still cares for us personally. Verse 32-33 say, "Sing to God, O kingdoms of the earth, sing praise to the Lord, to Him who rides the ancient skies above, who thunders with a mighty voice." Can't you just see the power in that? Earlier in that same Psalm it talks about how God, "daily bears our burdens", and is a "father to the fatherless, a defender of widows". It seems like a dichotomy but rather it is an awesome blending of God's incredible power and His compassion and love for us!
I was reminded of the following attributes of God from this Psalm: joy-giving, compassionate, powerful, Almighty, worthy to be praised, just, a provider, sovereign, protector, comforter, strong, majestic, awesome, and loving towards His people. That is quite a list! The Psalmist is continually exhorting us to give God praise and rejoice in Him. I can see why!

1 comment:

Rena said...

I've been spending a lot of time in the Psalms lately. Thanks for this post.
Great blog!