Sunday, August 12, 2007

Fantasy Football Widow

It's starting already! I'm becoming a fantasy football widow! If you look on our DVR right now, there is no less than 7 (!) pre-season games on there, not to mention the fantasy football shows. Yes, people, they have hours upon hours of special shows dedicated to fantasy football! Then there are the blogs, the websites, and of course the two different leagues my husband is in. Last year he was the Superbowl champion, so he has quite the rep to keep up this year.
Football season hasn't even officially started yet, and there is already football fever in my house. I had to wipe the drool off his face when they showed his man crush, LT! (sorry hon, it had to be said!)
I figure I have about a week of semi reprieve until his draft next Saturday night. This is the one he's really looking forward to. This is the league made up solely of friends from church. You would be surprised at the amount of smack talking a Pastor can do!
My friend, Keren is the girl power for the league. She's getting revved up for the season by listening to Matt Hasselbeck's autobiographical song, "I'm Matt Hasselbeck"! That cracked me up Keren! (He did pass for a touchdown tonight.)
Will I ever get my computer and tv back again? Ahh well, Go Hawks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

perhaps you could suggest to your husband that he read Ezekiel and the dangers of idolatry! PF

Anonymous said...

Im laughing at your dads comment :) too funny :) you and the rest of the wives can start a support group :)...i think we are going to try and work it to where we can try and all watch the games together :)...i hate to say it but im afraid i may be in the room with the guys watching the game :( lol :) ive got to give those men a run for their money :)