Thursday, May 24, 2007

Thursday Thoughts

We are home from our Anniversary trip. We had a wonderful time and Rylie was very glad to see us and we were very glad to see her! I'll tell you more about our trip tomorow. Today I wanted to share with you some things I learned in my devotions from Psalm 33. It really touched me and it's something I think I want to explore it further every Thursday. The begining three verses of the Psalm talk about how we are supposed to praise God, joyfully and with gladness. The following verses give us fourteen reasons why we are to praise God. I'll list them for you now and then in the weeks ahead we'll explore each one more in depth.
1. V.4 His Word is right and true.
2. V.4 He is faithful in all He does.
3. V.5 He loves righteousness and justice.
4. V.5 He has unfailing love.
5. V.6 He created everything.
6. V.7 He sustains and orders creation.
7. V.9 He is all powerful.
8. V.10 He is sovereign over all of the nations.
9. V.11 He has a plan and sticks to it.
10. V.12 He chose His people.
11. V.13-15 He is all knowing.
12. V.18 He knows who we are and what we are going through.
13. V.19-22 He is our help, our deliverer, our shield. He protects us.
14. V.21 He is Holy.
What an awesome list of things to praise God for!

No comments: