Sunday, May 6, 2007

100th POST!!!!!

I'm so excited to be at my 100th post! I have been having a lot of fun doing this blog and I've grown some too. I started it for the purpose of keeping people updated on Rylie, but it's turned into so much more for me. It's really deepened my devotional life. I appreciate all of the support you all have given me and thank you for reading!
A few posts ago, I had said that I would give you an excerpt from Ryan's sermon last Sunday night. He taught from a sermon that Thomas Watson (a Puritan) preached in the 1600's. The whole focus of the message was glorifying God. He gave five reasons why we must glorify God:
1. He is the source of your life. Realize that we aren't self sufficient, every breath we have, every fiber of our being is because of God.
2. He made all things for His glory. God made everything for Himself. We all bear the Potter's fingerprints.
3. The glory of God is of infinite worth. His glory is His treasure, it's worth more than all of Heaven, than all of the souls of men. God is infinite and therefore of infinite value.
4. Creation below and above glorify God, we need to get in line. Shall everything, the Angels and the rocks, glorify Him and not man?!
5. All our hope hangs on Him. What do we have besides Him? If He is my hope, why shouldn't I glorify Him?
The conclusion to this was that our pride is not something to be cultivated or coddled. The way to get rid of pride is to let the glory of God humble us. We are to meditate on who God is! Spend some time thinking, meditating, praising God for His glory!

1 comment:

momaof4 said...

100!! WOW
I have enjoyed it to. I am glad you are doing a blog so I can feel like we are up to date and closer then 4 hours away.