Thursday, May 10, 2007

Thursday Thoughts



"Carry me Daddy, my Daddy will carry me". This was a constant phrase we heard from the back seat as we drove to the park tonight (along with, "I'm going to feed the ducks in the pond, at the park"). She loves her Daddy and she knows that he is strong and can carry her and can protect her and that he loves her with an unending love. In my devotions today, I read this verse in Psalm 28, "Save your people and bless your inheritance; be their shepherd and carry them forever." (v.9) The analogy here is clearly that of a shepherd carrying his sheep, but it reminded me of Rylie and her Daddy. This is one of the ways I need to view God. He cares for me, He protects me, He carries me when I need it, He shelters me with His unending love! That is a personal God! I am fully aware that He is sovereign and I have that reverential awe for Him, but I'm working on that intimate, personal part of Him. I am very thankful that He has revealed this side of Himself in His Word and in my life. He makes me feel very secure!

(By the way, I know that my Daddy is still my protector and loves me with an unending love also! And I love Him, just like Rylie loves her Daddy!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy, this is a very cute blog :) Cute pictures and encouraging words...
Hi from your cousin Mary