Monday, May 7, 2007

Mommy, Mom, Mamma

There are times it is hard to be a Mommy, like the other night when I found myself cleaning poo out of Rylie's hair (at someone else's house, none the less!), and didn't even realize for another hour or so that I had it on my shirt as well! Or when I walked into the living room to see her pouring her sippy cup of milk on her pajamas and the couch (granted, I think it was an accident). Or when I realized that I will probably never again go to the bathroom by myself, she has taken to pulling up a stool and sitting right in front of me while I go. As my friend, Stephanie (creaturebug) said in her blog, it's the chores of motherhood that are hard. But the rewards are incredible! When she puts her chubby little hands on my face and draws me in for a kiss, it's a reward! When she says, "I love Jesus", it's a reward! When she pulls on her little cheeks and says, "I'm cheeky" (we have no idea where she got this), it's a reward. I could go on and on and on. Suffice it to say, motherhood is hard and rewarding and we need each other's support. And, don't forget all of the things you're Mom did for you and let her know that you remember them and that she is a reward! My Mom is so sacrificial and I aspire to be even a little bit like her. I am very thankful that Rylie gets to know her and love her and be loved by her!

1 comment:

momaof4 said...

OH! That darn poo can get everywhere at times, and then I smell it for day's. I go around sniffing everything. I probebly look like a dog on a hunt.

Your little one is adorable!! And so are you my friend!!!!!