Monday, May 21, 2007

Blogging Break

I'm going to be taking a bogging break for the next week. Ryan and I are going away for a week for our nine year anniversary! We are going to the beach, we're going to stay in a hotel that is designed to look like an old southern mansion. Each room is themed like Gone With The Wind. It should be a great week!
I am having a hard time however because I am missing my Rylie girl. She is staying with my parents this week. My Mom took her a day early so they could go visit my Grandma, a state away! When she pulled away this afternoon, I bawled! I knew it would bother me, but I didn't realize I would have such a strong reaction. She has never been this far away from us or away from us this long.
This weekend I had the opportunity to help coordinate a women's retreat. I have a lot of information I want to share with you from it, but that will have to wait until next week.
We watched Blood Diamond tonight. It was very disturbing. It made me very sad and want to pray for those in Africa. It also makes me think twice about wanting diamonds! (Not that I can afford them anyway). If you do buy them, insist that they are conflict free! It definitely put my trials into perspective! I'm not sure that I recommend this movie, but if you do watch it, watch it thoughtfully.
By the way, the picture is of Rylie looking at bugs at the park!

4 comments:

momaof4 said...

Sometimes it is so hard to leave the little ones. But remember, this time is for you and Ryan, Treasure it! There is nothing more important then being with your hubby, and making those memories.

Love you dear friend

Jessica said...

Have fun!

Stephanie said...

Happy Anniversary!

It is hard leaving kids behind. I have cried on more than one occasion when Sydney has left. But rest assured that God is taking care of her as she spends time with her grandparents, and God is taking care of you as you spend some time with your hubby.

Hope your week is wonderful!

Ryan and Stephanie said...

Happy Anniversary my dear sister and Ryan. It's strange to me that you guys got married NINE years ago. I remember that day pretty well too. I was such a little pip-squeek. I hope you guys are having a good vacation and enjoying another honeymoon!
Love you much!