Sunday, January 31, 2010

Join Me?

I have been seriously undisciplined in Bible reading lately! It's not that I don't have a plan, I do. Our Church gave out a one year Bible reading plan that I am trying to follow. No, the problem lies in my laziness and desire for sleep/entertainment. Being in the Word is VITAL for my walk, for my relationship with my Lord, and yet, I neglect it all too often. So, the ladies from Girltalk (CJ Maheney's wife and daughters), are offering up a month long challenge to get up before your family in the morning and spend time with the Lord. Here is what they have to say about it:

To cap off our sitting series, we’re excited to announce a new feature here at girltalk. Next Monday, February 1, we will officially launch our two clubs: The 5 O’Clock Club and The FAM Club.

The 5 O’Clock Club is for those who want to rise early (it doesn’t have to be 5 O’clock, that’s just the name of the club) to meet with God.

The FAM Club (Fast A Meal) is for those who want to fast one meal a week to pray for a family member’s salvation.

I'm going to start tomorrow morning at 7 am. I am not a morning person at all, so for me this is hard to do! This also means that I have to start going to bed earlier. I am a night person, so this is hard for me to do. But, I know that it is more than worth it! I would love to know if any of you want to join me in this challenge (you can also go to Girltalk and sign up tomorrow if you want). Leave me a comment and we will keep each other accountable! Also, if anyone wants to keep me accountable even more, please feel free to text me at 7:00 am and tell me to get out of bed! I am serious! I would love that additional accountability/help!
I'm excited to see how God is going to work this month!

4 comments:

tscarter7 said...

OK you're on! 7a.m. for me too! (oh, i hate mornings!) And I don't drink coffee so....hmmmm, hot chocolate will have to suffice! I have been doing the reading but not as consistently as I would like so I'm excited! thanks Amy!

Janice said...

I'm up at 5:30 every morning, so I'll do this as well. I may not be able to fast a meal because of my blood sugar levels but I will fast my coffee, I've done this before and I truly believe its not the food, its the attitude and the reasons. Please keep me accountable. I too am pulled into too many entertaining things and then I run out of day. God never seems to run out of day for me.

Unknown said...

Proud of you, Honey! Good job!!!

Anonymous said...

Ok girlie! I'll text you at 7am every morning....if you'd like. I am up at 6am to have my quiet time....I know what you mean....I too HAVE to have my QT or I just don't have a good day b/c my focus is all off, and then I'm not as patient as I should be with the kids. I'm doing the church "reading through the Bible in a year" too.....and LOVING it! I have never read through the entire Bible before....I know....that is a HORRIBLE thing to admit to, but it's true and I'm super excited to be reading with the church this year!!! :) I love you and I love your heart! You are such an example to me Amy....you really are! Ok....so I'll text u tomorrow morning at 7am??? Is that still ok??? :) Love you!!

-Lyndee