Friday, March 14, 2008

God's Anger

I don't often think about God's anger towards His people. It was very evident in the Old Testament, but what about now? I know that He is loving and gracious and forgiving, but He is also still a Holy, righteous God who cannot tolerate sin. I know that He is patient with me and that I am secure in Him. I also know that I have a sinful heart and that makes Him angry with me. Scary thought! We often talk about how sin "offends" a Holy God, but I think that word makes me think more of hurting God's feelings, not of angering a just, holy, righteous God! My sin does that! I need to have this view of my sin! I am very thankful for His forgiveness, graciousness, and mercy!
Note: I wrote this a few weeks ago, when I was actually reading my Bible. I have to confess that since Anna's been born, I haven't read it at all! :(

No comments: