Monday, March 24, 2008

8 Hours of Sleep!!!!

Thank you to my wonderful husband for taking over the feeding last night, allowing me to sleep for the whole night! It was wonderful! It made me feel like a normal person again! I had forgotten how hard these first couple months are. I love the cuddly newborn stage, but I really hate the sleep deprivation! Combine that with the extra hormones and I'm a mess!
Thanks Dad for this picture. He took it with his phone at the hospital. I think it's the nicest one of Anna and I that I have. The other ones I have of her and I were taken immediately after she was born while they were still working on me, so they aren't the best.
I'm really trying to not turn this blog into just a photo blog, but it's been hard finding the time to write and my brain hasn't been functioning enough to think of something coherent to say. I did a devotional at a baby shower tonight and I don't know if it made any sense at all! One day, some of the "Mommy brain" will subside and I'll be clear headed again.
We had a fun day on Saturday at Rylie's Ariel Birthday party. She really enjoyed her day and looked adorable in her mermaid dress!
Easter was Anna's first official day at church. Her and Rylie looked beautiful in their matching dresses (thank you Deborah!) Ryan preached what I heard was a wonderful sermon, I ended up in the nursery with Anna. We had lunch at my parents house and the cousins had an Easter egg hunt, Rylie's first. Then we went to Ryan's Mom's for a yummy ham dinner. Rylie had great fun with her boy cousins. I got to eat Cadburry Mini eggs, my favorite! (Thanks for introducing those to me, Dee!)
Tonight Anna and I went to a Baby Shower for the girl who was the Flower Girl in my wedding! Boy do I feel old! Her baby is so pretty! She had more hair than Rylie and Anna combined. While we were there, Ryan and Rylie went on a date to the movies. They thought Horton Hears a Who, was very funny, and Rylie loved the popcorn!
Off to wake a sleeping baby to feed her!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy, your devotional was great!! A great reminder of what is most important and my favorite verses too! Also Ryan's sermon that you missed was awesome!!!! :) Love Susan

red-headed Wilson's said...

When you have time can you post Anna's birth story? Some of us have not heard it down here in Oregon yet. :) We need more substance.

Glad to hear Ryan stepped up and you got some good sleep. He really is a keeper huh?

Ryan and Stephanie said...

Ooo, ooo, ooo! did you take pictures of Donna's shower? I wanna see!